Saturday, January 30, 2021

Sending Wishes


Hi Crafty Friends,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Karen Ostergard our challenge hostess for the month, finishes off her month with one last challenge.

Get a jump start on those cards of love today. Create a card with the word "Love" or a heart on it.


For my card today I created a Slimline card using Lawn Fawn's Scalloped Slimline with Hearts - Portrait die set. I also used the Scalloped Slimline with Hearts Landscape die set for the hearts in the centre of the card. The sentiments in the Landscape set suited the challenge theme better than the Portrait set as they were more love related.

I used Distress Oxide inks in Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry to create an ombre background. I then splattered on white paint and some Picked Raspberry ink all over the background. 

I used the scalloped slimline rectangle panel from the Scalloped Slimline with Hearts Landscape die set to layer the pink heart panel onto. These layers were then adhered to a side folding red slimline card base. My finished card measured 3 1/2 inches x 8 1/2 inches.

To decorate my card I used the a sentiment and images from Lawn Fawn's Dandy Day stamp set.



For the inside of the card I created a pop up card using Karen Burniston's Katherine Label pop-up die set. I added a sentiment from Word Set 6 - Love die set.

On the edges of the card I adde a panel of card using the inks that I used on the front of the card. I also added a scalloped border using Sunny Studio Stamps Basic Slimline Borders die set.

To finish off the card I added a few more of the images from the Dandy Day stamp set.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.






1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Such an adorable Slimline Valentine!