Thursday, January 21, 2021

Oops!


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog.  Lynn McAuley our challenge hostess for the month, continues to issue the challenges. 

Apparently National Belly Laugh Day is coming up this Sunday! We all need a good laugh these days so create a card that will have us all laughing out loud. Bonus points if you make me spew my coffee on the computer screen when I see your card!! 


Early in January, the area we live in went into a 3 day lockdown so the authorities could control the spread by someone who had contracted COVID 19 ... the UK variant. Of course as soon as this was mention, people went crazy and started panic buying again, even though the stores were remaining open for the 3 days. Toilet paper seems to be one of the things people rush for, for some strange reason. So for my card today I decided to pull out this cutie that I have had in my stash for years ... I have a wood mount stamps by Whipper Snapper Designs and it is called Double Trouble on the block, but when I went searching to see if it was still available to purchase I found it on their website with a new name "Sassy Puppy".

As you can see I created a Slimline card using Trinity Stamps Slimline Stitched Card Panels & Windows.  I die cut the rectangle panel twice using the striped paper and the wood grain paper and then trimmed the wood down to create a room effect.

I die cut another slimline panel using the same die, and then die cut the speech bubble which is from Whimsy Stamps Comic Speech Bubbles die set. I also used the Oops! die set from Whimsy Stamps to die cut the sentiment and added it onto the speech bubble.

I layered the panel to black cardstock and then to a top folding white Slimline card base which is 3 1/2 inches x 8 1/2 inches.


For the inside of the card, I created a pop-up card using Karen Burniston's Katherine Label Pop-up die set. I computer generated the sentiment.

For the borders on the top and bottom edges of the card I used Dare 2B Artzy's Curve Border die set.


Here is a side on view of the inside of my card so you can see the pop up portions a little better.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:








7 comments:

Liz Williams said...

Such a cute card, Frances! TP has certainly found itself to be dire necessity in 2020. Can't say I have seen any houses wrapped with it for over a year now!! Your bear is pretty cute.

Liz Williams said...

Oops! I mean your dog.

Lynn McAuley said...

How perfect is this card for the times in which we find ourselves, Frances! I used to have a dog who would get into this kind of mischief when we were away! Love this fabulous pandemic design!!Thanks for the chuckles this morning!

MiamiKel said...

So cute! I bought this stamp for 2020 and never used it - yours is great!

Lois said...

Love this one -- so timely!

Karen Aicken said...

Ahaha - this is so fun!

Maryann said...

super cute love the layout.