Saturday, January 23, 2021

Hoot Hoot Slimline

Hi Crafty Friends,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Karen Ostergard our challenge hostess for the month, continues to issue the challenges.

For our challenge this week we are to create a card using either green or purple ... or both.


For my card today I created a Slimline card using Waffle Flower's Slimline Angled Panel die. I die cut the die three times using white, green and purple cardstock, I then paper pieced the green and purple strips into the white panel.

To decorate my card I used Leane Creatief's Owly Special Occasions stamp set. I used the branches and leaves from Mama Elephant's Tree Branch Cover Plate.

I stamped the words "Hoot Hoot" onto some of the stripes.


For the inside of the card I die cut another Slimline Angled Panel die, adding the remaining purple and green stripes left over from creating the front of the card. I cut the panel in half and added to both edges of the card. I stamped the "Hoot Hoot" to the purple stripes on each side of the card.

I created a Double Pop-up card using Karen Burniston's Katherine Label Pop-up die set. I added sentiments from a Dare 2B Artzy stamp set. I also added the owls from the stamp set I used on the front of the card to each of the pop up labels.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Other:

Owl Special Occasions - Leane Creatief





4 comments:

Maryann said...

great use of purple and green, love the diagonal die cuts

Bobbi said...

I love this owl slimline care and would love to have those little owls, but can't seem to find where to get them, would you mind telling me who carries them? Thanks in advance. Barb

StampOwl said...

Hi Bobbi, Sorry I can't remember where I purchased it from ... possibly Scrapbook dot com ... but it could have been anywhere. I normally include the products in the supply list like I have everything else for that card, but when I went looking after I made the card I couldn't find it so add to add the details underneath.

Karen Aicken said...

So cute!