Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Bake The World A Butter Place

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a card I created using Hero Art's My Monthly Hero Kit for May.

As soon as I saw the kit was kitchen related I knew it was one I needed to add to my stash. 

One fun fact about me is that I always have to have a kitchen that includes blue in it somehow, so for my card today I decided to use that colour scheme. 

I used the tiled background stamp included in the kit to white emboss the aqua cardstock panel. I then used a marker that was slightly darker than the cardstock to highlight each of the tiles.

I die cut the kitchen die from white x 2, blue and silver cardstock. I cut out the stove and range hood from the blue cardstock and adhered it over the same image on the white card panel. Before adhering the stove to the card, I added a layer of black cardstock.

From the silver cardstock, I cut out the stove dials, handle, the cupboard door handles; the saucepan, toaster and coffee pot. I adhered all these to the white panel. Before adding the toaster, I added the bread which I coloured as toast.


From the second white die cut panel, I cut all the items off the shelves and coloured them before adhering them all to the white images on the shelves.

I stamped the sentiment onto white cardstock which I then die cut and adhered to the tiles above the bench.

I also added the "Warm Wishes" sentiments to the inside of the oven door.


For the inside of the card, I white embossed another panel of aqua cardstock using the tile background stamp. I trimmed this panel down and added to the left side of the card.

On the right hand side of the card I added another of the sentiments included in the stamp set from the kit.

The "It's Your Birthday" sentiment is from a Made To Surprise stamp set.








1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

This is the first card I've seen made with that set - so fun!