Monday, June 6, 2022

On Your Retirement

Hi Crafty Friends,

A friend I have known for many years, retired last month. They have sold their home and planning on moving up to a coastal area in the very near future. My friend normally is the one who has organised the cards for her fellow workmates over the years, and as she didn't want to make her own retirement card she asked me if I would make one for her. Of course I said yes.

When I was planning my card, I thought of the different things that would suit ... beaches, playing golf, trips away in their caravan etc. 

In the end I decided to create a Slimline Bridge Card, the base of this card is slimline sized being 4 inches x 9 inches. However because the palm tree leaves are overhanging on both ends of the card it is a little longer than that. This could be easily fixed by cutting the palm trees flush with the edge of the card, but I liked the overhanging look, so I kept them as it. It did mean I had to find an envelope which would fit. I fixed that issue by finding an oversized envelope and cutting it down to fit.


To create the sand hills and waves in the background I used Lawn Fawn's Slimline Hillside Borders die set. I die cut the sand from a soft yellow cardstock and the waves from a bright blue card and added ink to both.

The caravan and palm trees are two older dies I had in my stash from MFT Stamps.

I couldn't find a retirement sentiment, so I used my computer to create one and added it to the top of my card inside a speech bubble using Whimsy Stamps Comic Speech Bubbles die set. 

The birds are from Divinity Designs Beach Silhouettes die set which is included in the April 2022 Blessings Box. I think I will be using those dies a lot!

As I know my friend and her husband will do a lot of golfing, now they are retired, I had to add a golf club and ball to the card. I have made many golfing themed cards for my friend in the past.

To finish off the front of the card I added a sign post with the name "Hervey Bay" which is where they will be moving to.

One more photo of the front of my card, taken so you can see a bit more of the depth of the card. The waves in the background with the yacht etc.


On the back of the card, I added a panel for a personal greeting, adding more sand along the bottom of the card, another palm tree and of course the golf club and ball. 


Other Supplies:
Palm Tree Die-namics - MFT Stamps (retired)
Happy Camper Die-namics - MFT Stamps (retired)






1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Such a perfect card for your friend!