Thursday, June 2, 2022

Berry Sweet

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Being a brand new month, it's time to introduce our new challenge hostess that is Lynn McAuley.

Country Cooking Month – In the United States, June has been declared country cooking month. I am therefore asking the CCEE Stampers to create cards which feature fabulous bounty from the garden in the form of fruits or vegetables that you love to prepare and serve your family during the hot months of summer.

I recently purchased the Spellbinders Perfect Pie Collection designed by Tina Smith, so as soon as I saw this challenge I knew I had to use some of the dies to create my card for this challenge.

As you can see I created an accordion card using Karen Burniston's new Landscape Rectangle Accordion die set. This die set makes an accordion card which is Mini Slimline sized being 3 1/2 inches x 6 inches.


I used the rectangle dies from the Short Rectangles - Crosshatch die set to create all the layers and white panels at the centre of each page.

For the first panel of my card I used the Serve a Slice and Dish It Up die sets to create the slice of strawberry pie.

All the sentiments on this card are. from the Perfect Pie Sentiments & Fillings stamp set which is also a part of this collection. The tiny strawberries are from the Delicious Decorations die set.


 I created a large strawberry pie for my last page of my accordion card using the dies from the Perfect Pies die sets.


Here is a look at my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.


Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

5 comments:

Lois said...

Yummy! I love the new Landscape Rectangle Accordion die, and those pie dies are pretty cool.

Karen Aicken said...

Such a sweet card - love it!

MiamiKel said...

Your card is DELICIOUS! Super duper cute and love strawberries! My card is up!

Liz Williams said...

Wow, if you make real pies as well as you make paper ones, forget the diet!!! An amazing card, Frances.

Lynn McAuley said...

Yummy and fun!! I love the metallic accents. Such a sensational card, Frances!!