Thursday, June 9, 2022

Best Fishes

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Lynn McAuley our challenge hostess for the month, continues to issue the challenges.

June 8 is World Oceans Day. I want the CCEE Stampers to celebrate the oceans of the world with a nautical themed project of your choice. Winds, waves, boats, birds: anything related to oceans will do. 



I actually created this card almost 2 months ago, shortly after Lynn posted her challenges to the Design Team. I had just received the pop-up die and I knew as soon as I saw the challenge the stamps and papers I wanted to use. As I didn't want it to be in my head for 2 months and sat down and made it there and then.

My card used stamps, dies and papers from Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott. I have posted an ocean themed card using the ocean themed stamps, dies and papers. I used the Under the Sea and Riding the Waves stamp/die sets for all the stamped images. I also used the Treasure Trove die sets for all the die cut images. The sentiment is from the Under the Sea Sentiment stamp set.


As you can see, I created a pop up card using Sam Calcott's newest collection (at the time of making) Simple Pop-ups die set. This die is a multi level die. I used plain cardstock to die cut the pop-up portion of the card using blue cardstock, I then sponged on various dark blue distress inks onto the upper portion of the card so I could spritz with water to get a water look. I die cut the lower half of the pop-up onto a ochre coloured card panel, trimmed out the pop up portion of the card, inked the panel and added it to my card base.

I then decorated the card using the various images from the sets listed above.



As the focus of this card is the inside of the card, I kept the front of the card fairly simple. I used one of the papers from the coordinating Under the Sea paper pad and added it to the front of the card. I added the net & rock  die cut images to the left side of the card.

I white embossed the "Best Fishes" sentiment onto blue cardstock and die cut using circle dies and layers the sentiment to the top left side of the card.


Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


 

4 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

What an awesome underwater scene!

Liz Williams said...

Although there are probably lots of treasures buried at sea, God has planted so many there in his fabulous and unique creations. Such a great card, for celebrating just one of the many wonders of the world God has created.

Lynn McAuley said...

So many "treasures" in this awesome ocean scene, Frances!! Amazing work on this exquisite card!!!

Lois said...

Those are great stamps and papers. I love this very colorful under-the-sea card.