Thursday, June 30, 2022

Miss You


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Lynn McAuley our challenge hostess for the month, finishes off the month with one last challenge. 

The rose is the national flower for June while the pearl is June’s gemstone. Lynn is asking the CCEE Stampers to include both of these beauties on their card for this week’s CCEE Challenge! 

I was asked recently if I would make a "Miss You/Thinking of You" card for a friend to send to a mutual friend. As I knew I needed to make my rose themed card, it was an easier request to fulfill. 

I pulled out my Pinkfresh Studio Garden Roses Stamp, die and stencil set to create the roses on my card. I used inks from Catherine Pooler Designs to colour the roses.

For the background of my card I used my new Anna Griffin Matelasse Slimline Embossing Folder. I have been after this embossing folder for ages, but up until now it has been impossible to get sent to Australia. When I saw it was for sale on the Scrapbook.Com website I had to order it immediately. It does come in a set of 4 Slimline Embossing Folders.

I added the "Miss You" sentiment to the right side of the card using Honey Bee Stamps Miss You Big Time Stamp/die set.

To finish my card I added some Matte Silver Metallic Pearls which I almost forgot.


For the inside of my card, I added a few more roses around the edges of my card. I also added the "Thinking of You" sentiment from Honey Bee Stamps Thinking of You Big Time stamp set.


Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:







5 comments:

Liz Williams said...

Your roses inside and out are gorgeous!

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely breathtaking! After seeing your card, I may have to go find this stamp :)

Lynn McAuley said...

What elegance and beauty, Frances!! Your card is exquisite!

Lois said...

What a beautiful card! I love the stamp and that Anna Griffin Matelasse Slimline Embossing Folder. I have had the A2 version of that folder for a very long time, and the slimline version is just as pretty.

Karen Aicken said...

Oh, that is SO pretty!