Thursday, September 15, 2022

Monster Hugs

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Kelly Santi our challenge hostess of the month continues to issue the challenges.

Apparently today is International Dot Day - show us your cards with a circle, polka dots or anything round!

For a card today I have been playing with the new flip card die set from Elizabeth Craft Designs called Birthday Flip Card which was released a couple of month ago. This die set makes a card which measures 5 1/2 inches x 4 1/4 inches when closed. As I wanted to use the Happy Birthday die included in the set I made my card in landscape orientation.

For the challenge portion of the card, I used polka dot paper using the larger dots for the layers and the smaller dots on the reverse side of the paper for the lettering of the sentiment. The cookies are also close to round, 


When you open the card, it reveals a monster surrounded by cookies using the Monster 1 die set.


Here is another view of my card, I added the "Monster Hugs" sentiment using one of the stamps included in the Monster Hugs stamp set.


Here is another view of my card when it is open, this time around I lifted the back border up to surround the image.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

 


5 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Once again,your card is a show stopper! SUPER DUPER cute! The best circles indeed - cookies!

Lois said...

Cute cookie monster Your polka-dot paper is pretty, but the cookie circles look delicious!

Liz Williams said...

Your dotted paper is awesome with this little cookie monster. A fun card for some lucky recipient.

Karen Aicken said...

That monster is so cute!

Lynn McAuley said...

Loving your delightful cookie monster!! Fabulous card, Frances!!