Monday, September 26, 2022

Noel

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Yesterday was the 25th September which made it just 3 months to Christmas!!! Scary isn't. So for my card today I have decided to share a Christmas card I created.

I just feel in love with this Noel die set and coordinating paper pad, dies and stamps, that I had to add them to my collection.The flowers on the "O" use the Poinsettia Delights paper pad which coordinates with this die set ... it has 48 pages of poinsettias to die cut, so I guess I will be making a few cards using this set in the future. Besides the paper pad, there is also a coordinating stamp set, which isn't the flower and a number of sentiments. There is also a coordinating die set to die cut the flowers from the paper pad and stamp set, this die also adds texture to the images. And of course there is the main NOEL die set which included the die to create the card base and. the word NOEL.


For my first card using this set, I die cut the base from white cardstock. The die has a section on the die which doesn't cut, to make it easy to make a folded shaped card. I then used the word die to die cut the word NOEL from white cardstock that had clear double sided adhesive tape on the front and also from gold mirror cardstock. I removed the adhesive from the white die cut and covered the adhesive with Bright Cranberry Silk Microfine Glitter. I then adhered the red glitter word over the gold word, offsetting the one over the other to create a slight shadow. I then adhered the words to the front of my shaped card base.

I die cut the poinsettia paper using the coordinating dies and then used foam tape to layer the various pieces. This was then adhered to the centre "O".

I used the "With Love At Christmas" sentiment which is included in the coordinating stamp set which I added to flowers.

Finally I added three gold pearls to the top of the letter "O"

This card measures approximately 7 inches x 4 1/4 inches.


For the inside of the card, I die cut a piece of burgundy paper to layer on the inside of the card. I stamped the "Merry Christmas" which is another of the stamps included in the stamp set. I added it at an angle across the "O", so that it is hidden by the sentiment on the front of the card, so it can't be seen when the card is closed.

Of course I will be back over the next few months with more cards using this set.










1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

OMGosh, this is so pretty!