Sunday, September 4, 2022

Make No Mis-Steak

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's Father's Day down here in Australia! A few weeks ago I realised I hadn't made a special card for my husband for Father's Day, so I pulled out a stamp set from The Greetery and a die set from Made to Surprise and got to work. This is what I came up with.


For my card today I created a Sliding Window or Sliding Pop-up Card using the 6 x 6 Square Slider Card die set from Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott's Super Sliders Collection. I do have other Slider die sets, but I like how this set has all the layers other than the base plus some fun accessory dies to create cards. 

The photo above shows my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.


When you pull the tab at the top of the card, the main square panel moves to the upright position revealing a secret message as it does.

To decorate my card I used The Greetery's Dad Jokes High Steaks stamp set with coordinating dies. For the steak on the front of the card, I inked it using Tattered Rose and Fired Brick Distress Oxide inks to give it a look of rare steak. I used holographic cardstock on the fork and knife.


I added a tab to the top pull out panel using the tab included in the Lawn Fawn Double Surprise Pop-up die set. Adding the tab makes it so much easier to pull the tab up and down so the main square panel stands up.


I kept this card as a flat card rather than adding it to a folded card, this way display it with the main square panel upright.  I added the square panels to the back of the card. This time around I added my steaks well done and added the sentiments from the High Steaks stamp set and the Father's Day sentiment from Waffle Flower Crafts Be Him Sentiments stamp set.













1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Can't believe I missed seeing this one ... what a perfect masculine card!