Thursday, September 22, 2022

Sunflower Birthday

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Kelly Santi our challenge hostess of the month continues to issue the challenges.

Apparently in the Northern Hemisphere, today is the first day of Autumn! Create a fall themed card.


Of course as I live in Australia, it is not autumn down here ... but spring! and for us, the reasons always start on the first day of the month. I don't really need autumn themed cards as we don't celebrate Thanksgiving and Halloween isn't that big down here. Spring means flowers ... so I compromised by using a sunflower which seem to be very popular in the USA at this time of year, even though they are a summer flower down here in Australia.

I recently purchased Crafter's Companion's The Sunflower Collection Paper Pad which I just love and have been wanting to use it for a while. Today's challenge was the ideal time to cut into it.

I created a 6 inch x 6 inch Gatefold Pop Up Card using a tutorial by Sam Calcott which you can find here. I wanted something that would feature the paper, and this card seemed ideal and as the paper pad is 6 x 6 that was the best size for my card.

I added the large sunflower and leaves to the centre panel using the Bright Rosa Sunflower Band and Fern Border die sets. I layered the sunflower onto the diamond panel which is die cut using Waffle Flower Crafts' Radiating Diamond Frame die.


When the card is closed it becomes a Gatefold Fold Card, and is held closed using a Belly Band.


I used the Waffle Flower Crafts Radiating Diamond Frame die again for the diamond layer and added the copper foiled birthday sentiment using a foil plate from Waffle Flower Crafts.

I also added some Champagne Metallic Pearls to the diamond frame and belly band.


Here is a look at the back of my card. The two side panels form the front of the gatefold card when the card is closed. 

I added two white panels to the next two panels, for a place to stamp a sentiment and also to be able to write a personal greeting when this card is given to someone. Both sentiments are from two different Made To Surprise stamp sets which are listed in the supply list below.

I was going to leave the centre panel plain, but as I had a scrap I would have thrown out, I decided to add that to the centre.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:





Other Supplies:
Sunflower Band Die Set - Bright Rosa (discontinued)
Fern Border Die Set - Bright Rosa (discontinued)







5 comments:

Lois said...

I love it! I watched a video showing how to make that type of a fun-fold card and have been planning to make one. Yours is so pretty -- great papers!

Karen Aicken said...

So pretty ... and you know how much I adore that paper. My package is over half gone!

MiamiKel said...

Gorgeous sunflower cheer! Love the belly band!

Liz Williams said...

Wow, such a super card and love these gorgeous sunflowers on the design paper and the die cut one. Your band for this is great!

Lynn McAuley said...

What absolute awesomeness!! I love this exquisite creation with its stunning sunflowers, Frances!