Thursday, September 1, 2022

Snowman Puppet Shaker Easel Card

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Being a brand new month, it's time to introduce our new challenge hostess which is Kelly Santi.

Apparently today is International Toy Testing Day ~ show us your cards with a toy/toys on them! Think Christmas cards and Santa’s workshop, too!

Here is a quick video to see my card in action.


When I was thinking of what I could make for this weeks challenge, I remembered that I had just ordered Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott's It's Only A Puppet dies. Puppets are toys, so I figured that would work ok ... as I wanted it to be a winter/Christmas theme I decided to use the snowman puppet. I was able to get the complete collection of dies, but was able to get hold of two of the puppet die sets and the mechanism set, hopefully the remainder of the set will be available sometime in the future so I can get hold of those too..


As you can see I used the dies to create an Easel Card, which is also a shaker card. The shaker part was a little tricky as there are openings at the top, but I was able to fix it so that the sequins inside wouldn't escape. I think I have a better idea on how to do that part on the next one I make it I decide to make another shaker card.

I used Snowfall Acetate to cover the opening of the large snow angel shape, which also helps gives the illusion of it snowing.


The sentiments are all from Karen Burniston's Word Set 13 - Snow die set. I die cut each of the words from white glitter cardstock and then holographic cardstock offsetting the glitter layer slightly over the holographic layer. For the "Brrr!" I added the shadow layer which I die cut from blue cardstock.


The card will fold flat to be placed in an envelope. My completed card is 6 inches square, it does however have the "bump" at the top for the pull tab ... so that would make it 6 1/2 inches in height.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

5 comments:

Lois said...

A snowman snow angel! How clever -- and so much fun!!!

MiamiKel said...

How absolutely adorable! No much more fun than making these! I love the shaker element, too!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a sensational interactive holiday design, Frances!! I love this fun snowman!!

Karen Aicken said...

Super cute!

Liz Williams said...

Your cards always have an element of fun to them, and this snowman does not disappoint!! Adorable.