Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Sparkle and Shine

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Thanks for dropping by my blog today. It's been a while since I have created a flip type card and recently I decided to update my collection of dies that create this style of card by purchasing the new released Perfect Flips Collection by Creative Craft Products at Craft Stash. There were three different sets released all of which are the 5 x 7 size which I didn't have previously. Today I am sharing a Christmas card I created using the Perfect Flips - Circle die and coordinating stamp/die set. There is also a heart and star available which I am looking forward to using at a later date.


I used papers from Crafter's Companion's Bright and Frosty 12 x 12 paper pad for the layers. I then used the snowflake from the coordinating stamp/die set which I die cut several times from white glitter cardstock and holographic cardstock. I layered the glitter snowflakes over the holographic snowflakes offsetting slightly to get a shadow.. I then added one snowflake to the centre circle and then parts of the snowflake randomly around the card.

I then added a large glitter embellishment to the centre of the large snowflake.


When you pull the left side of the card the card opens and the circle in the centre "flips" to reveal the other side. Here I stamped a Christmas sentiment and a few snowflakes.


I don't usually decorate the back of this style of card, but as I had plenty of the patterned paper I decided I would. I added the white panel to the left side of the card for a place to write a personal message.


Other Supplies:

Jolly Sentiments Stamp Set - Kaisercraft (discontinued)






1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Wonderful card - you know much I love Flip-Its. I have one 5 x 7" and it's a favourite - good to know that there is a different place I can order that size from.