Monday, September 19, 2022

From The Whole Herd

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Thanks for visiting my blog today. I have a fun birthday card to share with your today using products from Made To Surprise and MFT Stamps.

Here is a quick video to see my card in action.


Earlier in the year I purchased the Made To Surprise By Sam Calcott's 5 x 7 Fabulous Flip die set. As I had enjoyed making the cards I created with that die set I decided to purchase the 6 x 6 version as well which has four smaller squares on the front. 

I had also recently purchased MFT Stamps SY Happy Birthday Herd stamp set, which includes six cute square animal scenes similar the the selfie stamp sets they have sold in the past. Of course I decided to combine the two sets to create my card.

For my card I decided to include two of the images on the front squares and have the other two for a sentiment. The "Howdy" and hoof prints are from Elizabeth Craft Designs Life is Better on the Farm stamp set. The birthday sentiment is from an older MFT Stamps stamp set called The Whole Herd.

I added a strip of cardstock scored to form an "M" shape to the inside of the card, to make this card into a tent style card. This makes it easier to display the card.


When you pull the right side of the card where it says "Pull",  the front of the card flips to reveal the other side of each panel. As you can see I added more of the images and two more sentiments. This time I used sentiments from both of the MFT Stamp stamp sets ... SY Happy Birthday Herd and The Whole Herd. 

I also added the large Happy Birthday die cut sentiment onto the pink panel underneath the frame which is from Concord and 9th.


I added a card panel to the back of my card, for a place to add a personal sentiment when I am ready to give this away. I added two more of the images to the card, seeing I had them already coloured and layered.

I added the "Holy Cow" sentiment which is another sentiment from the Elizabeth Craft Designs stamp set that I used on the front of my card. The "You're how Old?" sentiment is an older wood mounted I have had in my stash for years from Stamp It (Australia).

Other Supplies:

You're How Old? Wood Mounted Stamp - Stamp It Australia (discontinued)







2 comments:

eunice said...

OMGosh! This is such an ADORABLE card! I too, can't seem to get enough of Sam Calcott and her fun fold cards and dies. Really love how you paired the really cute MFT stamped and colored images with the Fabulous Flip card style!

Karen Aicken said...

That's SUPER cute!