Friday, May 26, 2017

Because


Hi everyone,

Today I have one more card I created when I was playing with the stamps I made from one of the new ModaScrap Flower Lace dies released earlier this month by Elizabeth Craft Designs. Here I am using the Flower Lace 1 die. 

A few weeks ago Sanna Lippert also on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Team shared a card she made using the new flower lace dies which she had turned into a stamp using fun foam. As I loved the idea I had to create stamps from both of my flower lace dies and create a few cards. You can see Sanna's tutorial on how to do this here.


One of the advantages of the new Distress Oxides is that you can use them on dark colored cardstock, so I decided to try them out on black cardstock. I used the Fired Brick Distress Oxide ink to create the background on my card,

I added the A Way with Words - Because sentiment which I die cut from black cardstock and red cardstock. I layered the red sentiment so it was offset slightly over the black sentiment so you had a shadow. I used the Stitched Fishtail Banners for my sentiment.


For the inside of my card, I stamped one of the flower lace images to the top right hand corner and then added a sentiment to the left hand side of the card.



Here is my 'stamp' I created which was die cut from fun foam. Once I had die cut the image I adhered the fun foam flourish onto thick acetate (I used old packaging) so that the stamp was sturdier. I used my MISTI to stamp the image by adding some Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of the acetate to attach it to the door of the MISTI.


Stamps: General Sentiments - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Black; Red
Dies:  ModaScrap Flower Lace 1; ModaScrap Stitched Fishtail Banners; Stitched Rectangles; Dotted Scallop Rectangles; A Way with Words Because - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Fired Brick Distress Oxide; Foam Tape




1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Love the look of this, with the black background.