Saturday, May 13, 2017

Have a Roaring Great Birthday!


Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Barb Anders our challenge hostess for the month, continues to issue the challenges.

Apparently May is Barb's birth month and the gem stone for May is the emerald.  So for our challenge this week, Barb has asked us to use some shade of green on your card—bonus points if it’s emerald green 



Recently while surfing on Facebook, I saw a post which showed this cute "Safari Friends" stamp set which was a freebie on a Papercraft Essentials magazine. Of course I had to go to our local newsagent to see if I could find a copy of the magazine before they sold them all. As you can see I was lucky and got one.

This is such a super cute set! Of course I had to create a scene using this stamp set and the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Pop-Ups die set! I have to say I love this die set and have been having lots of fun with it. I still have a few ideas that I want to create using this die!

As you can see I have lots of 'green' on my card. I also added the Grassy Hillside Pop-Up Add-On to the pop up part of my card, this die is made to go over the Pop Up base to give you the rugged grassy look to which I have added my animals.

I know in real life you wouldn't find a lion and a tiger in the jungle together, tigers don't live in Africa ... but when you create cards you don't always have to stick to real life right! 



Here is another photo of the inside of my card taken at a different angle, so you can see all the different layers of the pop up part of the card a little better.

The sentiment on the inside of the card was computer generated.



For the front of the card of my card I have added a few more of the animals from the Safari Friends stamp set. The giraffe, I cut it's neck (it didn't hurt!), so I could add the sign with the birthday sentiment. This time round I used the sentiments from the stamp set.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.


Lori Tecler (May Guest Designer)



Stamps: Safari Friends - Papercrafts Essentials Freebie
Paper: White; Magic in the Sky DP; Park Play DP - Bella Blvd
Dies: Stitched Hillside Pop-Ups;  Grassy Hillside Pop-Up Add-on; Grassy Hillside Borders - Lawn Fawn; Pop it Ups Katie Label Pivot Card - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Scan N Cut; Foam Tape; Copics




2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

I'm so glad you scored that cute stamp set and I adore what you've done with it. As for the realism? I leave that at the craft room door. Lions and tigers together on a jungle card is just perfect to me!

jojot said...

OMGosh...this could not be any sweeter....love your scenic details