Friday, May 19, 2017

Thanks


Hi everyone,

My card today uses one of the new ModaScrap dies which were recently released by Elizabeth Craft Designs. I used the ModaScrap Flower Lace 2 die. 

A few weeks ago, Sanna also on the ECD Design Team shared a card she made using one of the new flower lace dies which she had turned into a stamp by die cutting the die from fun foam. I loved the idea of using the die in this way that I had to create my own flower lace stamps and create a card or two.
You can see Sanna's tutorial on how to create stamps from dies here.



I decided to play with my Distress Oxide ink pads to create my card. I wanted to see the effect of using these inks on kraft card which I really like.

For my card I used Spiced Marmalade; Fossilised Amber and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide inks for the background using the smooching technique. I also used Vintage Photo Distress Oxide to stamp the Flower Lace 2 image.

I used the Stitched Rectangles and Dotted Scallop Rectangles to create the layers of my card. I die cut the 'Thank' sentiment from kraft cardstock and brown cardstock and offset the kraft slightly so you could see the brown color of the sentiment underneath.


For the inside of my card I stamped another Flower Lace 2 on the bottom right hand corner of my card. I also added a sentiment.


Here is my 'stamp' I created which was die cut from fun foam. Once I had die cut the image I adhered the fun foam flourish onto think acetate (I used old packaging) so that the stamp was studier. I used my MISTI to stamp the image by adding some Clear Double Sided Adhesive to the back of the acetate to attach it to the door of the MISTI.

Stamps: Occasions Clear Stamps - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: Kraft; Brown
Dies: ModaScrap Flower Lace 2; Stitched Rectangles; Dotted Scallop Rectangles; Thanks - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide; Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide; Peeled Paint Distress Oxide; Vintage Photo Distress Oxide; Fun Foam


3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Such a lovely card. That looks like a good die to make a stamp from. I haven't done that in ages - if you remember I made them as an ECD post way back when, using the All Seasons Tree and Clouds etc. I think with the new Distress Oxide inks it will change up the look too. Love it!

jojot said...

great work with that fab die

Chrisboldo said...

Hi, Love your card! I have yet to get or try the Distress Oxides, but your back ground is just lovely as is the whole card, well done!

Hugs
Chris B
http://thecardphilelady.blogspot.com