Saturday, May 6, 2017

Thanks So Very Much


Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Being a new month it is time to introduce our new challenge hostess which is Barb Anders.

Today is National Nurses Day in the US. Barb is a retired nurse, so this day is special to her and she is forever grateful to all the wonderful nurses she has worked with or who have cared for her in some way. My challenge today is to make a thank you card. you can make it nurse or medical themed if you want but it's not necessary.



I had such fun play with the Negative Die Cutting and Split Negative techniques when I created my card for the ECD Die Cut Designer Challenge earlier in the week that I decided to create another one for today's challenge.



This design did cause a few extra challenges especially when I tried to have the top flower centred on the card. Those little pieces on the flower didn't like being card down the middle, so plan b was to off set the flower so it was all on the one side. Problem solved.



Of course with this technique you are able to create two cards which is what I have done here.



For the inside of my card I created a pop up card using the Pop it Ups Anita Frames Pop Up Card die set.

As you can see I added two of the 'positive' flowers on either side of the card.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.


Lori Tecler (May Guest Designer)


Stamps: Occasions Clear Stamps - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Time for Teal; Rich Black Soft Finish Cardstock - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Dies: Pop it Ups Anita Frames; ModaScrap Ready to Bloom; Dotted Scallop Rectangles; Stitched Rectangles; Thanks - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 152mm - Elizabeth Craft Designs


2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Great use of the negative parts - and I really like that you get two card fronts out of it!

jojot said...

love those die cut 'branches'.....and the positive/negative effect