Thursday, May 25, 2017

CCEE


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Lois Bak our challenge hostess for the month finishes off the month with one last challenge.

This week Lois has asked us to celebrate the CCEE Challenge Team by including something on our card to represent each one of the letters of "our name" C C E E.

Here is what I used for each of the letters:
C - Circle
C- Clown Suit
E - Elephant
E- Enjoy Your Day Sentiment



When I was trying to figure out what to do for this challenge, I thought about using an elephant with a cake or cupcake. When I went searching through my stash I did find an elephant with a cupcake but I also found this fun elephant dressed in a clown suit so I decided to use that for my card today.

It has been a while since I have used my Pop it Ups Twist Circle Pop Up die set  so I pulled that out too. For something different I decided to make a Twist Circle Window Card that Karen Burniston shared on Youtube last year.



Here is another look at my card taken at a different angle so you can see the pop up part of the card a little easier.


When the card closes the circle twists so the image faces towards the right, as you can see as the card is starting to close in the photo above.

To finish off the card I added stars to the front and inside of the card. The stars where die cut from white cardstock that had Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the front and then covered with Silk Microfine Glitter and colored using colors I had coloured the elephant.


One more photo of my card as it is finished closing.



Here is a look at the front of my card as you can see the card is in a different orientation because the image through the window turned to the right as it closed. 


Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Vicky Gould


Stamps: Humphrey's Corner Collection Party Time - Crafters Companion; Just A Note Clear Stamp Set - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Red; DP
Dies: Pop it Ups Twist Circle Pop Up Card; ModaScrap Stitched Fishtail Banners - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Stars - MFT Stamps; Birthday Treat Toppers - Taylored Expressions
Other ECD Products: Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 101mm; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
Other: Black Ink; Magnetic Closures; Foam Tape; Copics




8 comments:

Maryann said...

OMG Frances this is the cutest interactive card, so much fun 😍

martina's kaartjes said...

what a great solution, to turn the card on the front ! I had this problem too, but couldn't find a solution for this ! thanks for sharing, the card is great !
martina
x

Liz Williams said...

Not only does this adorable card include the letters for the challenge but also all the fun elements that make a circus fun: bright colors, clowns, and surprises.

Lynn McAuley said...

That fabulous clown elephant is so much fun with your bright colors and amazing Pop it Ups Twist Circle Pop Up Card design! What a wow factor!! Sensational birthday card, Frances!

Lois said...

What a super fun card! I love all the bright colors and that cute elephant!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What fabulous letters you chose.....so different! I love your card as usual!!!

Karen Aicken said...

Great card - so fun to see the Twist Circle again.

Vicky Gould said...

What an absolutely adorable card...well done, Frances!