Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Crackers!

Crackers-2010e-wm

Hi everyone,

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas day. I have one last Christmas themed project to share with you this year before we start thinking of moving on to 2011.

Every year I create and decorate my own Christmas crackers to use on Christmas Day. I have been doing this now for over 30 years, except for maybe one or two years when I may have cheated and purchased my crackers and decorated them.

Crackers-2010b-wm 

This year my daughter and I found some fun glitter wrapping paper while we were shopping so got this in both the red and the gold papers to use for our crackers. Now this made for a messy day while we were creating them … I think I had glitter all over me when I had finished, but I think the results were worth it!

Crackers-2010c-wm 

This year we decided to have the gold for the boys/men and red for the girls/women. The crackers this year we made thicker than I have normally made before as one of the items to go instead wouldn’t fit into my normal formers I used to create my crackers. I had been thinking about making them wider for a couple of years now, fortunately my DH had some pipe down in his shed which was the perfect size to use. The only downside was that he only had enough for one set of formers which meant I had to roll all the crackers … but I did give the other jobs to my daughters to do :)

Crackers-2010d-wm

Normally we don’t add peoples names to the crackers, but we thought it might be fun to do that for this year. I used the Spellbinders ornament nestabilities die which was cut out in either gold or red and then embossed with a sizzix embossing folder.

Crackers-2010f-wm

Paper: White; Red; Gold; Red & Gold Glitter wrapping paper
Other: Ornament Nestabilities; Ribbon; Oval Punches

aa-owl-signature

6 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

These are FUN Frances!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Frances, they look so festive and gorgeous!!! Love this idea!!! Hugs ~S~

Tosha Leyendekker said...

How fun Frances. I bet everyone enjoyed their little treasures wrapped up so beautifully!

Barbara Moore said...

We have had poppers at Christmas since I was a child. We even had them yesterday! Brought back such wonderful memories. thanks for sharing!

Joanne (jojot) said...

so elegant and classy

Silli said...

...Yummy... I am Tara...;-)