Friday, December 10, 2010

Be Prepared…. For A Paper Pretties Blog Hop!

PP-GirlScoutBook-wm

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog. It time to join the Paper Pretties Design Team for our Paper Pretties New Release Blog Hop!!.

The hop started at Paper Pretties Blog, if you didn’t hope onto my blog from Cindy Haffner’s blog, you can head back to the Paper Pretties Blog to start from the beginning.

Today I am using the new Scout Sophia for my project which as you can see is a note book.

PP-GirlScoutBook2-wm

I was a Brownie Leader for about 15 years and one of the things I encouraged my Brownies to carry was a notebook. You never know when you might need to write something down, which is why I decided to create one today. This actually matches the card I created using the same stamp set last Saturday, so that they can be given together as a gift when a Brownie makes her Promise.

I decided to make my scout into a Junior Girl Scout, as I liked the colors of the uniform. In Australia our girls are called Scouts but Girl Guides, the uniforms are also different but other then that they basic do the similar things.

PP-GirlScoutBook3-wm

Here is one of the inside pages of my notebook. I stamped Sophia and the Girl Scout Motto at the bottom of each page in the book. This will be a good reminder to the Girl Scout of the Promise she made and her Girl Scout Motto.

Well that is about it from me for today, to continue on your journey you need to hop on over to Jackie Rakoski’s blog.

Enjoy the rest of the hop and thanks for dropping by!

Stamps: Scout Sophia – Paper Pretties
Paper: White; DeLovely DP – Cosmo Cricket
Other: Black Ink; Grosgrain Ribbon; Twine; Button; Oval Nestabilities; Spellbinders Label Die; Brad; Cinch; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

14 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

I love her!!

shakyteach said...

Great idea and I love how you stamped the pages too.

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Frances what a great little set! Love the idea of stamped pages. Fabulous!

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Frances what a great little set! Love the idea of stamped pages. Fabulous!

scrapn_momof2 said...

Adorable!

ribenaruby said...

Oh wow, love this girl scout and how you've marked each page. This is a real promising start! Thanks for sharing.

Delia said...

Love this notebook. I love the colors and I love how you colored her...I adore this project and I love this stamp. It's a must have for me even though my little girl is only turning 2 LOL.

Brook said...

What a great idea. I love that you stamped her on each page too. Wonderful!

gobeagirl said...

Hi there. This is a great project! I just love her and how you have colored her. Great job! Hugs, Lisa G

Jessica G. said...

Awesome notebook and this image/sentiment theme is perfect for the theme!

Annette said...

This is such a great idea. I've been making some calendars as gifts, but this notebook idea is great. Love it. Thanks for sharing.

Joanne (jojot) said...

I would have loved this in my scouting days

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is the cutest. Although I swore to never get another Sophia as long as I live, I may have to have her for my nieces..they are HUGE into Girl Scouts-just like I was at their age!!

Jana Weaver said...

Adorable Frances...such a sweet notebook!