Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Karen Burniston November Designer Challenge Card 3

KBDCBluewm

Hi everyone,

As promised this morning, I am back with another card for this month's Karen Burniston Designer Challenge. This time round the theme Karen has given us is Red, White or Blue - no, we're not doing patriotic cards, we're doing single color cards. This is the all-white, all-red or all-blue challenge. You may mix in a little bit of a neutral, like silver, gold, kraft or black, but we needed to try to keep it primarily single-color.

In my previous last two blog posts I have shared my “Red” card and “White” card for this challenge which you can see by scrolling down to the previous post. So this time round I am sharing …. you guessed it my “Blue” card.

For my card I have created an Accordion card using the Circle Accordion Card and Fancy Label Accordion Card designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I decorated the edges of each page using the Square with Circle Frame Edges and Fancy Seasons Frame Edges.

KBDCBlue3wm

I decorated the two end panels using the Crystal Flower Set 1 which I die cut Light Blue Metallic Shimmer Sheetz. I then used the Crystal Flower Overlay Set 2 to die cut Double Sided Adhesive/Card and the covered the flowers with Soft Teal Silk Microfine Glitter. For the centre of the flowers I added Blue/Gold Glitter Dots which I added in a cluster, i saw this idea done by someone else (not sure who) so had to try it.

The Happy Birthday sentiments was also die cut from Double Sided Adhesive/Card  and then covered with Soft Teal Silk Microfine Glitter. I then embellished each flower using the Flourish with Flowers die.

KBDCBlue2wm

Here is my card when it is folded ready to be placed in an envelope.

If you are looking to purchase Karen’s Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Photo Continental.

Don’t forget to check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.

Paper: Light Blue; Dark Blue; So Noted DP – Bo Bunny
Dies: Circle Accordion Card;  Fancy Label Accordion Card; Square with Circle Frame Edges; Fancy Seasons Frame Edges designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. Crystal Flower Set 1; Crystal Flower Overlay Set 2; Flourish with Flowers; Happy Birthday – Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other Elizabeth Craft Designs Products: Light Blue Metallic Shimmer Sheetz; Blue/Gold Glitter Dots; Double Sided Adhesive; Soft Teal Silk Microfine Glitter.

 

#aa-owl-signature

3 comments:

Kelly Booth said...

GOOOORGEOUS!! Love this Frances...

Debbie K. said...

Wow Frances. Beautiful blues!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I am loving all the blues....fab snowflake creation