Sunday, November 30, 2014

Elizabeth Craft Designs November Designer Challenge

ECDNoteswm

Hi everyone,

It’s time for our November Elizabeth Craft Designs Designer Challenge. Check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog today at 8AM MST when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.

Our theme this month is Gifts – create something fun that can be used as a gift. No cards this time.

ECDCalendarwm

I created three projects for this challenge. The first two are more or less the same, except I have changed the post –it note to a mini calendar.

Both projects use the Birds and Branches Peel-Off Stickers; Blue Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz and the new Clouds Embossing Folder designed by Karen Burniston.

I cut the Blue Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz to 6 inches x 4 inches. I embossed this using the Clouds embossing folder and then used a sanding block to stand the raised areas to reveal the white core.
The bird is adhered to a piece of white card which has been covered using Elizabeth’s Transparent Double Sided Tape and then covered with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and then colored with copics.

Once I had adhered all the Bird Peel-Off Stickers to the Shimmer Sheetz, I inserted the Shimmer Sheetz into an Acrylic Photo Frame the opposite way as to how you would normally insert a photo.

ECDNotes3wm

I used Peel-Off Sticker Alphabets and Numbers to apply the words “Notes” and “2015” to each piece.

Peel Off Stickers: Birds & Branches; Numbers 2; Alphabet Upper Key – Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Elizabeth’s Transparent Double Sided Tape; Cloud Embossing Folder; Blue Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz
Other: Acrylic Photo Holder; Post It Note Book; Mini Calendar; Sanding Block; Copics
. ECDNotebookwm

For my final project today I have decorate a store bought notebook. I cut my Amethyst Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz so it was slightly larger than the book. I adhered Elizabeth’s Transparent Double Sided Tape (152mm) to the back of the shimmer sheetz. I colored the Shimmer Sheetz using Wild Plum; Stream and Lettuce Alcohol Inks and Blending Solution and then used the Sea Glass Embossing Folder to add texture to my panel which I then used to cover my notebook.

I used Jackie’s Dolls and Ribbon Swirls Peel Off Stickers which I adhered to a piece of white card / Elizabeth’s Transparent Double Sided Tape, applied Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and colored with copics. Normally these girls don’t have facial features, I added some to mine using black glitter dots and a piece of leftover spiral from the Ribbon Swirls Peel-Off Stickers, this was a little less scary then adding features using a marker as I knew if I didn’t like it I could remove the stickers.

Thanks for stopping by, don’t forget to check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog where you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.

Peel-Off Stickers: Jackie’s Dolls in Circle; Ribbon Swirls; Black Glitter Dots
Other ECD Products: Amethyst Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz; Sea Glass Embossing Folder; Elizabeth’s Transparent Double Sided Tape 152mm; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Clocks & Gears Die Set (circle);
Other: Wild Plum; Stream and Lettuce Alcohol Ink; Blending Solution; Sanding Block; Foam Tape

#aa-owl-signature