Saturday, November 8, 2014

Look Who’s Turning 2

C4C261HayleyBdaywm

Hello everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. This week I continue to issue the challenges.

Our challenge this week is Number It .... Include a number or numbers on your creations this week. You can make an aged birthday card; number themed designer paper, number themed embossing folders or dies. Anything goes as long as there is a number somewhere!

When I set this challenge earlier in the year, it hadn’t occurred to me that my Granddaughter would be turning 2 this week … of course this was the perfect reason to create a card with this challenge.

For my card I have created another Accordion Card using the Katie Label Accordion Card die designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I decided to add a few photos of the birthday girl on her card.

Hayley has already decided she likes owls … how could she not when she has me as a Grandma haha! and her theme for her party this year is Owls so of course I have used a couple of owls on my card.

C4C261HayleyBday2wm

I normally don’t decorate the back of my accordion cards but I wanted to use a couple more photos I printed and as she is special I decided to decorate the back. I have left a little space under the owl on the centre panel to write my greeting.

C4C261HayleyBday3wm

Here is the front of my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

  • Anja de Regt
  • Barbara Anders
  • Heather Pulvirenti
  • Helen Cryer
  • Jessie Rone
  • Joanne Grzelak
  • Karen Aicken
  • Kelli Hull
  • Kristine Reynolds
  • Peggy McCurry
  • Tanya Adams (November Guest Designer)
  • Stamps: Birthday Owl – Lil’ Inker Designs; Whoo’s Birthday – The Crafts Meow; U R A Hoot – CHF
    Paper: White; Pink; Bright Pink
    Dies: Katie Label Accordion Card; Katie Star Frame Edges – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Happy Birthday Stand Up Helper – Elizabeth Craft Designs; Circle Numbers – Taylored Expressions; By The Numbers; Hi Rise Numbers – MFT Stamps
    Other: Black Ink; Pink Glitter Dots; Clear Glitter Dots – Elizabeth Craft Designs; Foam Tape; Copics

     

    #aa-owl-signature

    2 comments:

    Karen Aicken said...

    Your Grand Daughter is just adorable! I bet she loves this card. I'm loving the pink star frame edge!

    Joanne (jojot) said...

    what a wonderfully personalized card for your GD