Monday, November 10, 2014

Karen Burniston November Designer Challenge Card 1

KBDCRed1wm

Hi everyone,

It's time for our November Karen Burniston Designer Challenge, this time round the theme Karen has given us is Red, White or Blue - no, we're not doing patriotic cards, we're doing single color cards. This is the all-white, all-red or all-blue challenge. You may mix in a little bit of a neutral, like silver, gold, Kraft or black, but we needed to try to keep it primarily single-color.

KBDCRed2wm

Today I am sharing the Red card I created for this challenge. I have tried to keep my card as red as I could using various shades of red card stock and designer papers. I did use Gold Peel Off Stickers for the ornaments.

I have created an Pivot Card using the Katie Label Pivot Card Die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.I decorated my card using ornaments from the Christmas Ornaments Round Peel Off Stickers to which I have adhered Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and then coloring each of the ornaments using various shades of red copics.

To cover the fold of my card I have used another piece of red card which I have embossed using the new Snowflakes Embossing Folder.

KBDCRedwm

As you can see by the photo above, I have also decorated the inside of my card with the same ornaments as the outside. I added Red/Gold Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers to all of the ornaments. I have also trimmed the edge of the designer paper using Red/Gold Glitter Borders Peel Off Stickers and added Gold Lines Peel Off Stickers to hang the ornaments. I have used the bow die from the Ornaments Set 3 die to embellish the ornaments.

For the sentiments I have used the Merry Christmas Die and Happy New Year Die which I have die cut using Double Sided Adhesive and then covered using Ruby Silk Microfine Glitter. These are mounted onto pinkish/red designer paper.

KBDCRed3wm

Here is the back of card …. I love that this style of card is interesting no matter which way you hold it.

If you are looking to purchase Karen's Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Photo Continental.

Don't forget to check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month. I will also be back tomorrow with another card to share with you for this challenge.

 

Paper: Red Card; Christmas Collage DP – Bo Bunny; Holly Lane DP – Wild Rose Studio
Dies: Katie Label Pivot Card designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Merry Christmas (944); Happy New Year (943); Ornaments Set 3 – Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other Elizabeth Craft Designs Products: Christmas Ornaments Round Peel Off Stickers; Red/Gold Glitter Borders Peel Off Stickers; Red/Gold Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers; Gold Lines Peel Off Stickers; Snowflakes Embossing Folder; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Ruby Silk Microfine Glitter; Double Sided Adhesive Paper
Other: Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

2 comments:

Debbie K. said...

Very pretty card, Fran! Love your color choices.

Joanne (jojot) said...

you must have quite a stash of fabulous holiday cards by now....amazing