It’s Frances here today. It's my turn again to share a card over on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog.
Living in Australia it is summertime for Christmas ... so I would be very surprised to see any snowflakes haha ... especially seeing we don't even get snow where I live in winter. Even so I still love creating Christmas cards that use snow/snowflakes ... maybe it will cool us down a little ;).
Here is how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of Red Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz that measures 3 3/4 inches x 5 inches. Layer the Shimmer Sheetz onto a sheet of Elizabeth's Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet and trim off excess tape.
2. Place Red Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz into Snowflakes Embossing Folder and emboss.
3. Use a sanding block to sand the raised snowflakes to reveal the white core of the Shimmer Sheetz.
4. Layer the Red Embossed Shimmer Sheetz to white card that measures 4 inches x 5 1/4 inches. Cut a piece of Dark Green card that measures 4 1/4 inches x 11 inches, score at 5 1/2 inches and fold in half so it measures 4 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches. Layer the Shimmer Sheetz panel to folded card.
5. Cut a piece of white card and a piece of Elizabeth's Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet that are approx 2 3/4 inches x 5 inches. Remove the release sheet from one side of the tape sheet and set it aside upside down on your desk (shiny side up). Adhere the Double Sided Tape sheet to the piece of white card.
6. From the Jackie's Christmas Dolls in Oval Peel-Off Stickers remove the Girl in Oval wearing the Santa Hat and the Santa Hat. Place your pieces sticky side up onto the release sheet that we set aside earlier.
7. Take your white card and place it with the adhesive side facing down onto the release sheet with the Peel-Offs on it. The Peel-Offs will lift from the release sheet and stick to the adhesive on the card stock.
8. Turn your card so the release sheet is now on top. Take off the release sheet and make sure not to touch the images on the adhesive.
9. Cover the adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish with your finger. You can see a video Els created using this technique here. Color your images as desired.
10. Cut out around the oval shape and also the separate Santa hat. Attach the Santa Hat on top of the one in the oval using foam tape.
11. Using the main die from the Oval Accordion Card die cut the inner oval from white card. Trim off oval from the frame and layer the glittered oval shape to the white oval. Attach to the top right hand side of card as per photo using foam tape.
12. Using the Merry Christmas Stand Up Helper die, die cut this 3 times from white card. Trim each piece at the bottom oval and adhere each sentiment onto the other so you have a chipboard like thickness. Adhere this to the lower left hand corner of the card.
13. Cut a piece of white card 3 1/4 inches x 6 inches, adhere a piece of Elizabeth's Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet to the front of the card. Die cut the three snowflakes from the Snowflakes die set. Remove protective backing from the front of each snowflake and cover each snowflake with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, polishing the glitter with your finger.
14. Layer each snowflake to each other using foam tape. To the centre of the top snowflake add a Transparent/Gold Glitter Dot. (I also added the Glitter Dots to the buttons on the girls dress.) Attach snowflake to the lower left hand side of the card so it is overlapping the oval.
To Decorate the inside of the Card:
15. Roughly trim around the negative Girl in Oval wearing Santa Hat image which remains after using the Peel Off Stickers for your card. Peel off any excess black peel off sticker that may be around your image until you just have the images as per the photo above.
16. Cut a piece of Transfer Adhesive approx 3 inches x 4 1/2 inches. Remove the protective backing from the Transfer Sheet and place this onto the Negative portion of the Peel Off Sticker sticker side down. Rub all over the top of the Transfer Sheet and carefully lift this off the Negative image ensuring that the Negative image lifts off with the Transfer Sheet.
17. Bring the Transfer Sheet to where you wish the Negative Image to be placed on the inside of your card and place it down on your card and rub all over the image. Carefully lift off the Transfer Sheet ensuring that the Negative image stays on the white card. You can see a video Els created using this technique here.
18. Stamp the sentiment on the left hand side of the card. Layer this panel to the inside of your card.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Snowflakes Die (757) Merry Christmas Stand Up Helper (939) Accordion Oval Card (772) designed by Karen Burniston
Snowflakes Embossing Folder (E126)
Jackie's Christmas Dolls in Oval Peel-Off Stickers (SKU 2587) Transparent / Gold Glitter Dots (SKU7018)
Red Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz (SS 0226)
Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter (639)
Elizabeth's Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet (502)
Tranfers Tape (SKU 600)
Dark Green Card
Black Ink Pad
Verses - Vertical We Wish You Stamp. Sanding Block Glue