Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Karen Burniston November Designer Challenge Card 2

KBDCWhitewm

Hi everyone,

As promised yesterday, I am back with another card for this month's Karen Burniston Designer Challenge. This time round the theme Karen has given us is Red, White or Blue - no, we're not doing patriotic cards, we're doing single color cards. This is the all-white, all-red or all-blue challenge. You may mix in a little bit of a neutral, like silver, gold, kraft or black, but we needed to try to keep it primarily single-color.

Yesterday I shared my “Red” card for this challenge which you can see by scrolling down to the previous post, so today I am sharing my “White” card I created for this challenge.
For my card today I have made a Spiral Circle Pull Card using the Spiral Circle Pull Card Die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

I have decorated my card using snowflakes that are included in with the Spiral Circle Pull Card set and also the Snowflakes Die. I covered white card with Double Sided Adhesive and then die cut the snowflakes so that the adhesive was at the top of the card and then applied Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter over the top to get glittery snowflakes. I also added Transparent/Silver Glitter Dots to the centre of each snowflake.

To the centre circle panel I die cut a White Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz circle and then layered the large snowflake over the top.

KBDCWhite2wm

On either end of my card I embossed white card panels using the new Snowflakes Embossing Folder.  I edged these panels using Silver Lines Peel Off Stickers

I die cut the spiral piece from the Spiral Circle Pull Card set from clear acetate and attached it to the ‘flip’ side of the centre circle. I then attached snowflakes to the spiral. Finally I added the sentiment.

If you are looking to purchase Karen's Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Photo Continental.

Don’t forget to check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month. I will also be back later today with my final card I have to share with you for this challenge.

Stamps: Poinsettia Bebunni – Crafter’s Companion
Paper: White
Dies: Spiral Circle Pull Card designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Snowflakes Die – Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other Elizabeth Craft Designs Products: White Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz; Transparent/Silver Glitter Dots; Silver Lines Peel Off Stickers; Snowflakes Embossing Folder; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Double Sided Adhesive Paper

#aa-owl-signature

4 comments:

Betty B said...

lovely card Frances, snowflakes are my fav at this time of year. White on white with glitter highlights most effective!

Kelly Booth said...

AMAZING card Frances....So Pretty!!

Debbie K. said...

Oh Frances, this is an amazing card. Just beyond words gorgeous!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

so very delicate and elegant