Saturday, November 15, 2014

Cracker of a Christmas!

C4C262Cracker1wm

Hello everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. This week I continue to issue the challenges.

Being the third Saturday of the month it is time for a sketch challenge.

C4C262

C4C262Crackerwm

For my card this week I used this cute dog on a cracker from Crafter’s Companion. I made my on candy dots which I used on the lower right hand corner of my card using the dots that are left over when you die cut the dot frame edge from the Fancy Seasons Frame Edges die set. I applied some adhesive tape to the back of my card before die cutting the frame edge and then I layered 2 or 3 of the dots together and covered the dots with glossy accents.

C4C262Cracker2wm

For the inside of my card I used the Lorna Label Pop Up Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I added the tiny crackers which are also included in the stamp set with the dog plus a sentiment I have had for sometime which I liked better than the one in the stamp set.

C4C262Cracker3wm

Here is a side view of my card so you can see the pop up part of the card a little easier.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

  • Anja de Regt
  • Barbara Anders
  • Heather Pulvirenti
  • Helen Cryer
  • Jessie Rone
  • Joanne Grzelak
  • Karen Aicken
  • Kelli Hull
  • Kristine Reynolds
  • Peggy McCurry
  • Tanya Adams (November Guest Designer)
  •  

    Stamps: Strawberry & Kisses What A Cracker – Crafter’s Companion; Have A Cracker – Stamp It (Aust)
    Paper: White; Red; Green; 25th and Pine DP – Basic Grey
    Dies: Lorna Label Pop Up – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
    Other: Black Ink; Glossy Accents; Foam Tape; Copics

    #aa-owl-signature

    1 comment:

    Karen Aicken said...


    Ahahaha - Frances this is such a fun card. Love how your puppy & cracker works perfectly for the sketch.