Saturday, November 29, 2014

Square Dancing

C4C264Dance1wm

Hello everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. This week I finish up my month as challenge hostess with one last challenge.

Apparently today is Square Dance Day, so to celebrate let’s get those square cards, dies etc out! Bonus points if you incorporated Dancing somehow on your card as well. 

C4C264Dance2wm

I have had this cute Magnolia Tilda & Edwin Dancing stamp for a few years and hadn’t gotten around to using it, so of course I had to use it for my card today. I computer generate the sentiment on the front, so it would work with the theme.

C4C264Dancewm

I thought it would be fun to cut the dancing couple apart and have them appear on the inside of my pop up card, after all often when you dance you separate for a few steps … especially in square dancing! I did have to doctor Tilda’s leg and Edwin’s arm as these were joined in the original image.

I have used  the Lorna Labels Pop Up Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs to create the pop up portion of my card. The “Happy Birthday” words are from the Happy Birthday Pop Up Card set.

C4C264Dance3wm

Here is a side on view of my card, so you can see the pop up elements better.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

  • Anja de Regt
  • Barbara Anders
  • Heather Pulvirenti
  • Helen Cryer
  • Jessie Rone
  • Joanne Grzelak
  • Karen Aicken
  • Kelli Hull
  • Kristine Reynolds
  • Peggy McCurry
  • Tanya Adams (November Guest Designer)
  •  

    Stamps: Tilda & Edwin Dancing – Magnolia Stamps
    Paper: White; Pink; Blue; Poolside DP – Pebbles Inc.
    Dies: Lorna Labels Pop Up; Happy Birthday Pop Up; Fancy Seasons Frame Edge – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; MFT Die-namics Circle Stax; MFT Die-namics Fishtail Flags Stax
    Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics

     

    #aa-owl-signature

    3 comments:

    Kristine Reynolds said...

    So cute frances! Always love your fun cards!

    Karen Aicken said...

    Once again you have the perfect images for the challenge. Such a fun card.

    Joanne (jojot) said...

    you always have the perfect image......fab and fun card