Wednesday, May 19, 2021

G'day

G'day Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing an Australian themed Slimline that I created recently.

Uniquely Creative (an Australian company) recently released some Slimline dies, one of those dies were this Slim Gum Leaves Die. Being an Australian,  of course I had to add this to my stash. I die cut this slimline die twice from white cardstock, one I used for the white frame and the inner pieces of the gum leaves. The other I applied Versamark ink to and then covered the gum leaves with Distress Embossing Powders in Peeled Paint (for the leaves) and Tea Dye (for the gum nuts. I colored the inner portions of the leaves using Copic Markers and paper pieced this pieces into the main panel. I trimmed the embossed leaves from the frame and adhered to the main panel.

For the background of my card, I used Yupo Paper and Alcohol Pearl inks in Tranquil and Celestial to create my blue background. This was adhered to the back of the Slimline Gum Leaves die cut.

The "G'day" sentiment is from an older die set from Ultimate Crafts called Australia Map.


For the inside of the card I added two gum leaf die cuts using another Ultimate Crafts die set.

The sentiment is from Catherine Pooler Designs Awesome & Wonderful Stamp set.

Other Supplies:
Peeled Paint Distress Embossing Powder
Tea Dye Distress Embossing Powder









1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Love all the texture you've added