Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Happy Slim Cake

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a birthday themed Slimline Card I created recently.

For my card today I used Stampendous' Slim Cake stamp set. The cake in this stamp set is layered, consisting of three cakes which can can layer however you want, allowing you to create A2, Slimline or Mini Slimline Cards. I layered the middle cake layer twice,  allowing me to have a 4 layered cake. Most of the coloring is based on the packaging, but I did vary a few of the colors.

I used Uniquely Creative's Slim Doily Border die for the layering of the cake onto my card. I die cut the Slim Doily Border die twice, using the dark pink for the scalloped border and then in white for the middle section. I also splattered pink and gold ink over the white panel.

To finish off my card I added the "Happy Birthday" sentiment that is a mix of a stamp included in the stamp set and the "Birthday" from an Avery Elle stamp set and then die cut using Hero Arts Infinity Ovals die set.


For the inside of the card I created the same Slim Doily Border I did on the front of the card, but without the splatters. I added three of the sentiments included in the Slim Cake stamp set, these three sentiments work perfectly for a layered look. I also added three hearts around the sentiment.












No comments: