Saturday, May 22, 2021

Bubbly Birthday Wishes

Hi Crafty Friends,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Rebecca Ednie our challenge hostess for the month, finishes off her month with one last challenge.

For our challenge this week Rebecca has given us the theme ... Tags! Make a project using a tag as an embellishment or layer. 


For my my card today I decided to create a Mini Slimline Card using Karen Burniston's Tag Book Pop-up die set on the inside. 

I had planned on making a Mini Slimline Card that measured 3.5 inches x 6 inches, however when I added the tag book mechanism to my card, the rounded tags peeked out at the end slightly. In the end this turned out to be a good things as I added the bubble border to the ends of the card which I may not have done otherwise. I used white pearlescent cardstock to die cut the bubble border.


To decorate my tags and card I used two stamp sets from Lawn Fawn ... Bubbles of Joy and Dandy Day.


I used the bubble border die along the bottom edge of each of the tags and squares so it looks like the mice are creating lots of bubbles.


I covered the front of my card with patterned paper. I pulled out a very old sentiment stamp I had in my stash to add the birthday sentiment, seeing the card was a bubble theme it suited the card the best.

I added a few more of the mice randomly over the card.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.





Other Supplies:
Bubble Birthday Wishes Mounted Stamp - The Cottage Stamper, Inc. (discontinued)
Mega Ovals Die Set - Spellbinders (discontinued)
Mega Scalloped Ovals  Die Set - Spellbinders (discontinued)




















 

2 comments:

Avra Williams said...

I love how you added the bubble border to the edges of your tag book! I may have to add that die to my wishlist!

Karen Aicken said...

Love all the bubbles!