Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge - June 2021


Welcome to our June Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

Our challenge theme this month is ...  "SET THE SCENE!" - make a card featuring scenery of any type. 


I love creating scene for my cards and I also love making Slimline cards, so for today's challenge I decided to combine the two. I have created a Slimline Pop-up card that measures 3.5 inches x 8.5 inches.

For the inside of my card I die cut a panel of blue cardstock and four panels of green cardstock using the largest rectangle from the Crosshatch Long Rectangles die set. I used distress oxide inks to add some ink to the top portion of the blue rectangle panel. I used the grass die from the Long Nature Edges die set to create my grass panels, which I sponged using Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink. I then added the grass layers to the larger blue and green rectangle panel which was then adhered to the inside of my card.

I used the Tiny Trees Pop-up die set to create the four trees, two of which I adhered to the back panel. 

I added the clouds & birds from the Outdoor Scenes die set to finish my sky area.


I used the Mini Pops Pop-up die set to pop-up the remaining two trees to the outside edges of the card. In the centre of my card I created a picnic scene using the Picnic Elements die set. The picnic basket and jug were popped up using another of the pop-up elements from the Mini Pops Pop-up die set. No picnic is complete without ants, so I added them to my scene as well.

To finish off the inside of the card, I added the "Hello" sentiment which is from Word Set 6 - Summer die set.


For the front of the card, I repeated part of the scene I created on the inside of the card using the same die sets.











2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

What a great summer picnic scene!

Gail said...

Fabulous! I so love the trees and the picnic scene! TFS