Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Birthday Slimline

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Recently while looking for a stamp to use on another card, I came across this Julie Nutting Paper Doll stamp that I have had in my stash for years. It is the perfect size for a Slimline card, so I pulled it out to make a card with it. This stamp has long been discontinued, but was called Aidan when it was available.

I used Slimline dies from Picket Fence Studios to create the various layers for my card. 

To create my background I die cut a white rectangle panel and then used a brick stencil from MFT Stamps to create my brick background using three different brown Distress Oxide inks. I then used various stamps and sentiment stamps to create a graffiti look to the background.

I stamped Aidan onto white cardstock, paper piecing the shirt. This stamp comes without a face, so I dug into my stash to find a stamp set of faces from Peachy Keen stamps and stamped that on the face. 


For the inside of my card, I again die cut rectangle panels using the Picket Fence Studios Slimline die set for all the layers.

For the sentiment I used the birthday sentiment included in Concord & 9th's Perfect Pairings Birthday die set. I die cut the sentiment from blue cardstock and then used various blue Copic Markers to create an ombre effect.

Other Supplies:
Aidan Julie Nutting Paper Doll Stamp Set - Prima Marketing (discontinued)
Cutie Pie Faces Stamp Set - Peachy Keen Stamps (discontinued)










1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

How fun that you found this one in your stash - perfect for Slimlines!