Monday, June 7, 2021

Dog Sympathy Card

 

Hi Crafty Friends, 

Friends of ours had to farewell their fur baby a few weeks ago, so I created a sympathy card to send to them.

For my card I created a Slimline Shaped Card using Whimsy Stamps Slimline Dog Bone die set. This die set comes with the bone shaped die to create the slimline card as well as a number of other pet themed elements including the collar and pet food dish that I used on this card. I did cut the the bone from white cardstock and then sponged around the edge with Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide inks. I also die cut other folded card so the top of the cutting edge of the  bone was just over the fold to create a top folding card. I then adhered the bone shaped panel over the bone shaped folded card.

The dog is an older stamps from my stash designed by Whipper Snapper Designs, I tried to color it so it resembled my friends dog a little.

On the left hand side I added the color which is jewel studded and has the name of the dog on the dog tag.

I added Karen Burniston's With Sympathy to the centre of the card.


For the inside of my card I computer generated the sentiment, which I added to the centre of the card. 

I added the dog dish to the left hand side of the sentiment and the heart with the paw print to the right side of the sentiment.

Other Supplies:
Pet Accents Die-namics set - MFT Stamps (discontinued)







3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Wonderful card and I like how you personalized it. I did end up ordering this die (how could I not?) but haven't played with it yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sue from Oregon said...

What a super special card!

Imagine DIY said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing…