Saturday, February 19, 2022

Fore! Three Two One

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a card I made for a good friend who celebrated her birthday last week. My friend loves playing golf, and for as many years as I can remember I have created a golf themed card to give to her for her birthday. After all this time she more or less expects it.

it's getting harder as the years go by, as I haven't purchased new golf theme stamps in years and they are hard to find, especially ones to suit a female golfer.



After a lot of thought on what style of card I would create this year, I decided to create a Building Block Card using my Studio Light Building Block die set. I die cut the base of my card using black cardstock. I used border dies from Lawn Fawns Stitched Hillside Borders die set to die cut the grass portion of the card.

For the layers I used papers from Lawn Fawn's Watercolor Wishes in blue and greens.

To decorate the card I added the Golf Flag which is an older Magnolia Stamps stamp. The golfing peanuts are from an older "Golfing Nutz" stamp set from Cornish Heritage Farms Tom Fun Collection.

The tee and golf ball on the middle bottom square are both older Print Blocks stamps.

The sun on the top right square is another older stamp from Print Blocks.

For the sentiments I used the "Fore! Three Two One" sentiment from Rubbernecker, which I cut in half so I could add it to two blocks. The "Have a tee-rific day" is from an old stamp set from Clear Dollar Stamps.


My card folds flat and will fit into a 5 inch square envelope.



Other Supplies:
Building Block Die Set - Studio Light
Golf Flag Rubber Stamp - Magnolia Rubberstamps
Tom Fun Golf Nuts - Cornish Heritage Farms (discontinued)
Fore! Three Two One ... - Rubbernecker Stamps (discontinued)
Golf Set - Clear Dollar Stamps, LLC (discontinued)
Tee & Golf Ball - Print Blocks (discontinued)
Sun - Print Blocks (discontinued)




1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Such a fun card ... I'm sure she enjoys seeing how you use your older golf stamps in different ways each year.