Thursday, February 24, 2022

Congratulations Mr & Mrs


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Liz Williams, our challenge hostess for the month finished off the month with one last challenge.

Apparently February is also National Wedding Month. Make a wedding card to send to a couple who might be tying the knot during this month of love.


I have been playing with Creative Expressions Paper Cuts Edger dies lately, so for my card today I pulled out my Champagne Celebration Edger die to make my card today.

I created a square card that measures 5 1/2 inches square. I die cut the edger die from white pearlescent cardstock and then layered this onto a piece of gold pearlescent cardstock. This was then adhered to a side folding white card base.

I die cut the edger again from gold glitter cardstock and added the glitter pieces into the area inside the glasses.

I used the "Mr & Mrs Sentiment" from Spellbinders Mr & Mrs Wedding Cake die set to add the sentiment on the top left of the card. I die cut the sentiment three times from gold cardstock and once from white pearlescent cardstock. I layered the gold pieces together and then layered the white sentiment on top, offsetting the piece.

The "Congratulations" sentiment was created using Spellbinders Wedding Wishes Glimmer Plate set. To create the the solid gold sentiment I also used the Solid Glimmer plate from Pinkfresh Studio, which allows you to use the left over pieces of gold foil to create a solid sentiment. 

To finish off the front of the card, I added gold jewels around the card.


For the inside of the card, I added the border to each edge of the card using Crafter's Companion's Wedding Day Edge'ables die.

To create the pop-up in the centre, I used Karen Burniston's Paper Frames Pop-up die set. 

I added two sentiments to the labels on the pop-up. The first on the left label is from an older Karen Burniston's Best Wishes stamp set from her Elizabeth Craft Designs. These stamps where the perfect size to fit on the labels.

The second sentiment is from Craftin Desert Divas Hitched stamp set. Both sentiment were gold embossed.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:



Other Supplies:

  • Die'sire Wedding Day Edge'ables - Crafter's Companion (discontinued)
  • Best Wishes Stamp Set - Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs (discontinued)
  • Hitched Stamp Set - Craftin Desert Divas (discontinued)






3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

What a pretty, elegant card!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a masterpiece of design! This wedding card is a treasure, Frances!

Lois said...

This is gorgeous, Frances! I love that edger die. I may have to get a couple more of those.