Thursday, February 17, 2022

Faux Embroidered Roses

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Liz Williams, our challenge hostess for the month continues to issue the challenges.

Apparently February is National Embroidery Month, so make use of stitching, faux stitching, cross-stitching, or any other embroidery stitching you might want to feature on your card. 


Late last year Divinity Designs released some cross stitch/embroidery stamp and die sets, including a cross stitch background for both Slimline and A2 cards; embroidery hoop and some cross stitched sentiments. I decided to pull these out to create my card for this challenge.

When I first received my stamps/dies last year I created two cards using a faux embroidered technique. For this technique you need two sheets of patterned paper that are exactly the same, I used Divinity Designs Floral Favorites Slimline Paper Pad. Using one of the sheets of patterned paper, I die cut the panel using the Slimline Cross Stitch Background die. I then applied adhesive all over the back of the die cut panel and adhered it directly over the second piece of patterned paper so that the pattern lined up perfectly to create the desired effect. This has become my favorite way to use the cross stitched background dies.

I layered the Slimline Cross Stitched Background panel onto Divinity Designs Slimline Rectangles die and Slimline Card Base dies.

To decorate my card I used the Embroidery Hoop die set, I die cut a circle using the same patterned paper I used for the background. I stamped the sentiment using the Keep Me In Stitches stamp set. I then adhered this hoop to the front of  my card. 

I added the needle which is also die cut using the Embroidery Hoop die set and adhered it to the top of the hoop, and then thread some pink twine through the eye of the needle.

To finish off the card, I added some pink clay hearts to the background.


For the inside of my card, I added strips of the patterned paper to the top and bottom edges. 

I created a simple box pop-up, which I placed in the centre of the card and added the embroidery hoop to this.

I used another sentiment to the inside of the hoop, using the same stamp set I used on the front.

I die cut another needle, which I again threaded with pink twine and added to the lower left hand side of my card.



Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:








4 comments:

MiamiKel said...

This card would take me a week to make! SEW lovely! I had to look twice at the needle, I thought it was real :) Gorgeous card!

Lynn McAuley said...

How perfect is this!! What an amazing beauty, Frances!!

Lois said...

This is so very pretty, Frances! I love the embroidery hoop on the inside.

Karen Aicken said...

Sew pretty! (Sorry - couldn't help myself). Perfect products for the challenge!