Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Fairy Accordion Card


Hi Crafty Friends,

I have a fun fairy themed accordion card to share with you today.

I recently found some of the Creative Expressions Paper Cuts Collection Fairy Edger dies on sale. As I am loving this style of die, I had to add a few to my cart to include in my stash. All the recent cards I have made using the edger dies from this company, have been Slimline cards so I decided it was time to do something different this time around. While I was surfing the internet for ideas, I discovered a fun accordion fold card using this type of die. I decided upon a 2 Panel Accordion card, you can find a quick tutorial of how to create this card over on Jamie Rodgers blog

I didn't want mine to be as big as the one on his blog, so I adjusted the measurements to be 6 3/4 inches high x 8 3/4 inches, I scored the 8 3/4 inch side at 3/8 inch; 1 3/8 inch; 2 1/4 inch; 3 1/8  inch.


I used pink glitter cardstock to add the layers to each of the scored areas and also on the far right panel.

For the accordion panels I used Creative Expressions Paper Cuts Collection - Toadstool Dance Edger and Daisy Fairy Edger die sets, which I die cut from white cardstock.


For the sentiments, I pulled out Hero Arts My Monthly Hero Fairy stamp set from December 2018. I stamped each of the sentiments using Catherine Pooler Sparkling Berry.


I added stars around the sentiments using a star stamp from Altenew's Halftone Stars stamp set.


For the far right panel, I added a birthday sentiment using Scrappy Tails Crafts' Fairy Sentiments stamp set. I used oval dies from Hero Arts to create the oval layers.






1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Lovely card with a perfect sentiment!