Thursday, February 3, 2022

Let's Hit the Slopes

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Being a brand new month, it's time to introduce a new challenge hostess which is Liz Williams.

During the month of February, the world’s biggest winter sporting event that happens  four years, will be held in Bejing, China for the Winter Olympics.  Make a card representing one of those winter sports being featured.  For embellishment, add a little gold or silver. 

I have had a couple of products from Hello Bluebird for a while, which perfectly fit this challenge. So it was good to be able to pull them out to create my card for today. I used the Bunny Hill Stamp set and the Slimline Downhill Vertical Scene die set.

I googled country uniform colors for olympics to decide on the colors to use when coloring the animals used in this scene ... the tiger represents Australia, the others could be a few different countries.

I used a sentiment from the Bunny Hill stamp set for the bottom sentiment, the "Go For Gold!" sentiment is from an older MFT Stamp set.


For the inside of the card, I added the slopes using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Hillside Borders die set and two more of the animals.

For the sentiment I added the "Way to Go" from Karen Burniston's Word Set 8 - Congrats die set. I die cut the top layer from gold cardstock to cover the gold portion of the challenge.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:







3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

I have the same stamps & die - love how you used it here! Great card for the challenge.

Lois said...

Those are the cutest skiers I've seen in a long time. Great card!

MiamiKel said...

Cute cute cute~ Love the purple sky! And your tiger is perfect for the Chinese Lunar New Year, too!