Monday, February 21, 2022

Congrats Nana




Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a baby card I created for a friend who became a Grandma (or Nana) for the first time recently. Being a Grandmother is the best thing in the world!

I created a 5 inch x 7 inch Fabulous Flip Card using Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott's Fabulous Flip Card die set.




To decorate the front of my card I added the baby using a die set from Marianne Design. The "Congrats" sentiment uses an older Alphabet die set from Elizabeth Craft Designs which I don't think is available anymore.

I adhered the flip card onto a top folding white card that measures 5 inches x 7 inches. I cut a strip of cardstock that measures 3 inches x 7 inches. I scored along the 3 inch side at 1/2 inch; 1 1/2 inches and 2 1/2 inches and then folded to create an "M" shape.I adhered this piece to the bottom of the inside of the card to turn it into a tent style card. This makes it easier to display.




I die cut a pink arrow using Karen Burniston's Waterfall Card die set and adhered it to the centre of the right edge. This tells the recipient to pull in that direction. When you pull the arrow, the front of the card flips to reveal the other side of each panel and a sentiment on the inside.




The "It's a Girl" sentiment is from Dress My Craft. It's a new one for me so I had to include it on this card.

I added the stork to the first flip panel which is an older die from Impression Obsession. I paper pieced the baby bundle the stork is holding in it's beak.

My friend told me to call her "Nana", so I added that to the next panel rather than "Grandma". I also added a pair of baby feet to the bottom of the panel.




Seeing the card doesn't open, because I turned it into a tent card, I added a few panels to the back so that I could add a sentiment and hand written greeting to the new Nana.

I found a sentiment online which was suitable for this occasion which I created using my computer & printer.

I added two baby bottles using a die included in Karen Burniston's Baby Charms die set.

Some of the products used to make this card are fairly old and may no longer be available anymore. Those that are fairly new I have included in the supply list below, those that may no longer be available are listed at the end of the supply graphic.


Other Supplies:
Stork Die - Impression Obsession (discontinued)
Baby Die - Marianne Design
Feet Die - Marianne Design
Alphabet Caps 1 Die Set - Elizabeth Craft Designs (discontinued)












2 comments:

eunice said...

Such an adorable and thoughtful card for a first time gramma! Love, love the fun movement of this Sam Calcott flip mechanism!

Karen Aicken said...

What a sweet card and fun interactive die!