Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Roaring Good Time

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

It was my birthday last month and of course being an avid card maker, I had to get something card making related as a present. I was lucky enough to get Crafter's Companions Roaring Twenties Collection from my husband. Of course I had to make a card using some of the products from the collection.

For my first card using this collection, I created a Z Fold Card.

On the front of the card I added the diamond panel which is a Waffle Flower Crafts Radiating Diamond Frame die. I die cut the frame from gold mirror cardstock and then layered it onto burgundy cardstock and trimmed around the edge. I then used the Charleston Couple die which I die cut from black and gold cardstock, layering the black over the gold offsetting slightly.



On the right side of the card I added the scallop border using the Shell Scallop Die set. I die cut the border directly onto the right edge of the card. I then die cut two more borders, one from gold mirror card and another from burgundy cardstock. I layered the burgundy border directly to the back of the gold mirror border. I then adhered the gold mirror border behind the one on the card off setting slightly. Adding the burgundy border behind the gold one, gave a nice finish to the back of the card.

For the sentiment, I used the Like A Stars stamp set that coordinating with the collection. I die cut the sentiment using Pinkfresh Studio's Nested Diamonds Die Set.

To finish off the front of the card I added some gold metallic pearls randomly around the card.



I added a panel to the back of the card, for a place to add another stamp sentiment and a somewhere to write a personal greeting. You can see how the border on the left matches with the rest of the card rather than seeing white from the back of the gold mirror cardstock.












1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

That radiating diamond frame was perfect for your card