Thursday, April 13, 2023

Birthday Wishes


 Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a purse shaped card I created recently, using Creative Craft Products Easy Folds Diamond Fold die set. 

I have been wanting to make this style of card using this die set ever since I got my dies, I have used this die set for a number of cards and this one went onto the back burner. Well I finally got it out to play the other day. Sam Calcott created a tutorial on how to assemble this purse shaped card on her Mixed Up Craft YouTube channel which you can find here.


I was going to make a pink purse, but then I found this pretty floral paper in my stash which I have had for years, so decided to use that. The strip of card along the bottom of the flap is actually copper and matches better with the paper in real life, it looks more orange in the photo unfortunately.

I added a birthday sentiment using Card Making Magic's Circular Sentiment stamp/die set. This set also includes the dies to create all the layers I used on this card.

I used a black plastic snap to keep the card closed, I purchased these recently to try on pop-up cards which I haven't tried yet. The only issue I had was the snap setter wouldn't reach to set the snap on the bottom off the card, so I had to cut that piece off and come up with plan B which fortunately worked. So far I am happy with how the snap works.


Here is a look at the inside of my card. As you can see I decorated the top and bottom flaps using the same patterned paper I used on the front. 

I added a panel on the centre panel for my sentiment. Now when you own a purse themed sentiment and you are making a purse themed card, you have to use it right! This is an oldy from my stash that I got from Darcie's Rubber Stamps years ago.


Other Supplies:

  • "Purse"-onally Stamp - Darcie's Rubber Stamps (discontinued)
  • Black Plastic Snaps - Amazon





4 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Oh I will have to check that out. I have a card to share tomorrow (I think it's tomorrow) as my first play but I really like the purse idea. Thanks for sharing!

Kate said...

O wow! That's lovely Frances! Hugs, Kate

eunice said...

Nice! First time for me seeing the use of plastic snaps as a card closure. That's clever, andit looks great. Did you use adhesive to secure it in place or is it secure enough with the snap setter?

StampOwl said...

Eunice, the snap setter makes it secure enough.