Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Drive In Movie

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Who remembers Drive Ins??? The used to be so popular when I was growing up and when my kids were younger. I have many happy memories of going to see a movie at the Drive In. Unfortunately they aren't as popular as they used to be and to my knowledge there are only two left in South East Queensland where I live. One of those two is not all that far from me, about 10 to 15 minutes and it's funny as I had just finished making this card when my daughter messaged me to say she and her sister were going to that Drive in to see a movie the following night.

Ok back to my card ... MFT Stamps recently received their At the Movies Card Kit and as you can see, I decided to order it. There are so many different ways this can be used. For my first card using the kit I decided to create a Drive In scene. 



I used Creative Craft Products High Centre Stepper Card die set to create the Centre Step Card base, I really like the wider card base for this style of card as it is allowing me to be fun scenic cards.


It's probably hard to tell, but I also added people to each of the cars using the Heads Up Die-namics set which is included in the kit.

I created the grey base for the ground using a border die from a Trinity Stamps Slimline Great Outdoors Borders & Builders die set.


Here is a look at the inside of the card, I added a number of the elements that I used on the front of the card. The sentiment on the screen is from Crafter's Companion's Once Upon A Time stamp set, I thought that worked well with the image on the screen on the front of the card. I also added a birthday sentiment underneath the screen.









1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

So clever and creative!