Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Somebunny Loves You

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Well Easter is just a few days away, so today I am sharing an Easter themed card I created recently.

I created a Double Diamond Fold Card using a template included in Crafter's Companion's Template Library which I was lucky enough to get hold off before it went out of stock. From what I understand this may not be reordered, or if it does it will be dearer than the original one as Crafter's Companion were able to make a deal buying so many for all their different tv outlets. The Template Library consists of a book that includes plastic templates for a variety of cards, boxes and envelopes. There is a coordinating book that shows the recipes and instructions for each template, plus there are links to videos. There are also 20 dies included in the library. I much prefer using dies to create cards these days, but some styles of cards don't have dies available so having a template is the next best thing,  and I was more than happy with the process to create my card using the templates.


To decorate my card I used some of the decorative pieces included in the Step into Spring Honeycomb Cardmaking Kit which was a freebie with purchasing Papercraft Essentials Issue 222. There is so much included in this kit, it really is great value and I am enjoying using elements other than stamps and dies on my cards from time to time. 


This card folds down to be approximately 5 1/2 inches x 6 inches. Mine won't be completely flat as I added the honeycomb egg to the rabbits belly, however if you didn't add something like that or made the honeycomb piece be able to fold flat by adding hook and loop tape it would fit into an envelope.











1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

What a cute card and fun Fun Fold