Friday, April 14, 2023

Hugs And Fishes

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Last month, Sam Calcott released her latest Made To Surprise Release which was the Under the Sea Collection. My order arrived earlier this week, so I couldn't wait to make a card using some of those products.

For my card today I have created a Zig Zag Stepper Card or Cascade Card using the Creative Craft Products Zig Zag Stepper Card die set available from Craft Stash. I ordered this some time ago (maybe even last year) when it was on special at a really great price.


I used one of the papers from the Under the Sea Paper Pack for the layers of my card. I ended up wasting a sheet of the paper as I wasn't thinking when I die cut the layers for the opposite side of the zig zag card. I just presumed the layers for the other side would fit ...NO! if you are using patterned paper, you need to cut the reverse layers from the back of the patterned paper. I was able to use the blue panels I had already die cut, and fortunately I still had one full sheet of the patterned paper left over. 

I also used the patterned paper to create the "Hugs & Fishes" topper at the back of the card. There are two hexagon sentiment panels the same size in the topper sheet included in the paper pack, so I cut both out to use on my card. The other can be seen from the back which you will see in a photo below.


To decorate the card, I used a number of the Under the Sea images included in the Under the Sea Ephemera Pack. I added the octopus on the very front of my card using one of Sam Calcott's springy thing tabs.


Here is a look at the back of my card. You can now see the other hexagon sentiment I used at the top. I also added a blank hexagon panel, for a place to add a personal greeting. I did add a starfish to the lower right hand corner of the hexagon.

This card does fold flat, but with all the layers it does get a little bulky. I have images hanging off the edges of my card, which makes it about 5 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches. If you just made the basic zig zag card keeping everything within the card it would be approximately 3 1/2 inches x 5 1/4 inches.













No comments: