Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Flamin' Gorgeous

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

According to the Days of the Year website,  today (12th April) is International Day of Pink, as you can see I had to make a pink card!

My card uses the new DL Diamond Card which is part of the Fancy Folds Collection from Creative Craft Products available from Craft Stash. This card measures approximately 3 7/8 inches x 8 1/8 inches when folded, so can be classified as a Slimline Card, it's actually sized DL in UK size as their sizes are slightly different to US sizes.

I used the Pastel Gingham & Tiny Dots Paper Pad to decorate the panels, this paper pad is also part of the collection along with a bright version too.


To decorate the centre panel of this card I used the Flamingo Die Set from Creative Craft Products Tropical Honeycomb die set. This die set can be used with or without the honeycomb paper. As I love the honeycomb paper I opted to use it on this card. I did add a piece of hook and loop tape, so that the honeycomb piece could be closed when needed, like when placing in an envelope for mailing. The leaves around the top of the card, were also included in the Flamingo die set.


Here you can see how the side panels, fold into the centre panel when it needs to close to be placed in the envelope, another reason why the honeycomb panel on this card needed to be able to be closed.



Here is a view of the back of my card, I decorated the side panels with the same patterned paper I used on the front of the card.

I added two sentiments and the flamingo which are all from the Bird Sentiments stamp set which coordinates with the Flamingo die set.








1 comment: