Monday, April 3, 2023

Hoppy Easter

 


Hi Crafty Friends, 

As Easter is only next weekend, this week I will be sharing a few Easter cards I have created. Today I am sharing two Bunny Shaped cards that also used Honeycomb Paper.

I have made these to give to my grandchildren, as I have a grandson and granddaughter, I die cut the honeycomb eggs from pink and blue honeycomb papers.


I love all the Honeycomb die sets that Craft Stash has released through their Creative Craft Products brand. Unfortunately I was too slow to get the Easter collection, however I did manage to find the Bunny die set from Paper Wishes when I was searching for a few other die sets, so I grabbed it and I am so glad I did. 


Besides the large bunny die which is just under 7 inches tall, you get a lot of other dies included too ... the flowers, carrot, eggs, watering can and a sign (not the one I used here). Lots of goodies to make you fun card or scene.



As the bunny is so tall, I decided to make a top folding bunny shaped card. I die cut the bunny four times and then glue two together using Collall glue which makes the card very strong. I then score along the bottom of the ears where the head lines up with the ears and glued the ears of the back panel to the card front.

I die cut the various pieces included in the die set and added them to my bunny.


I wanted a sign to say "Easter" so I used one of the notched square dies from the Creative Craft Products Notched Squares die set and stamped the "Hoppy Easter" using stamps from an older Sugar Pea Designs stamp set. 


To make it easier to place the bunnies into an envelope, I added hook and loop tape to the one side of the honeycomb egg, that way it makes it easy to flatten the honeycomb for delivery. The recipient can then open up the honeycomb egg and use the hook and loop to keep the honeycomb egg open.


For the inside of the card, I added an sentiment egg using the Step Into Spring Honeycomb Cardmaking Kit which was the freebie from the Papercraft Essentials Magazine Issue 222.


Other Supplies:

Honeycomb Easter Bunny Die Set - Creative Craft Products (discontinued)

One Big Hoppy Family Stamp Set - Sugar Pea Designs (discontinued)






1 comment:

Karen Reeves said...

These are so cute. Thanks for the tip on how to use hook & loop tape to hold the honeycomb pieces open. I have racked my brain trying to figure out how to do that and you just answered it with this simple trick. Thanks