Friday, June 23, 2023

Goodbye Minnie!

 

Hi everyone,

I am sad today as I had to say goodbye to a precious member of my family, my dog Minnie.

Minnie came into our lives about 8 years ago, she was a rescue dog. The person looking after her was surprised that she had come to me and allowed me to pick her up. She picked us! 

From day one, Minnie showed how much she loved us and she didn't let me out of her sight very often. Even if she was sitting on my husbands lap, she had one eye looking at me and if I moved she would be quick to jump down and follow me. 

She wasn't one for toys, but she had her pink piggy that she carried around with her that she loved. 

We didn't even know she was sick, she woke up today and was breathing funny so we had to take her to the vet. Unfortunately she pass away not long after being there. 

I will miss your loving face, staring at me on the couch opposite me, your footsteps following me around. And your happy dances when I came home. 

Goodbye my darling …. I love you and will miss you so very very much!


4 comments:

jean said...

so sorry for your loss, pets are family!!!

Jeanne said...

So very sorry for your loss. I'm sure you gave her a good life.

Jeanne

Vivian C. said...

Dogs leave paw prints on our hearts. So sorry for your loss.

eunice said...

So very sorry to hear the sad news of passing of your fur baby. I'm sure little Minnie felt very loved and happy to be cared for by you and your family.